Raster Images Cropped in PDF output if Rotated and Full Page

Petersen, Oran C oran.c.petersen at boeing.com
Mon Jun 12 15:50:52 PDT 2006

My scenario is as follows:
- Raster (jpg and bmp tested)
- Rotated 90 degrees (Does not happen for unrotated images)
- Full page size for the raster (I use 3/8 inch margins)

The effect:
The image gets cropped on the long side to the width of the short side
of the page/anchored frame.

Does not make a difference if in a text flow (anchored frame) or not.
Does not make a difference if it is Portrait or Landscape.
Happens in both Frame 7.1 and 7.2
Happens in both Acrobat 6 and 7
Also, If you move the raster image so that it does not fill the anchored
frame, it crops even more of the image.

My conjecture is that Frame is confusing width vs. length for rotated
raster images, and anything longer than the width gets cropped.
Has anyone else encountered this, and if so have you found a solution?

So far the only solution I have discovered is to created a pdf of the
unrotated image, crop margins, etc. in Acrobat, import this pdf into
Frame and then rotate. The pdf version does not suffer the cropping.

Thanks
Oran Petersen