mif2go

obair81 at comcast.net obair81 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 12 17:01:43 PDT 2006

Public bullying?  Huh?

I am trying to get tech support for a product that my company paid a good deal of money for.

I HAVE read the manual.  The problem is one that I could NOT solve from the manual.
So I turned to you, the creator and supporter of the product.

> saying "something's wrong, here's my .ini file" doesn't cut it.

I did not say that, or anything close to it. I said, on Thursday:

Today, when I went back to work on my project, the conversion began to produce files that no longer point to the frame templates.

The setup is the same as Monday.

I re-booted. No difference.

Is the problem that the mif2go.ini keeps getting the wrong list of files? It does not match the list in the frame book. I have set up the project 4 times, each time the mif2go.ini file gets an incorrect file ID list.

It is:
[FileIDs]
Title=aa
PacStar5500OperatorGuideTOC=ab
IntroductionTo5500=ac
chap2=ad
AppATechSpec=ae
Glossary=af
PacStar5500OperatorGuideIX=ag
TechnicalSpecifications=ah
LoggingIn=ai
AddingPhones=aj
AddingComputers=ak
ManagingUsers=am
ManagingNetwork=an
Maintenance=ao
IntroductionToSoftware=ap
ManagingSystem=aq
SettingUp=ar
ManagingPhones=as

It should be:
[FileIDs]
Title=aa
PacStar5500OperatorGuideTOC=ab
IntroductionTo5500=ac
chap2=ad
AppATechSpec=ae
Glossary=af
PacStar5500OperatorGuideIX=ag

Even changing to what it should be does not fix the problem. The rtf files still come out with no formatting from the frame templates.

Thanks.
Paul
----

Resuming email:
I have gone over this again and again on my own, with the manual before me.  Today, the conversion is producing a mif2go.ini file that has the right contents, but the frame files seem to keep losing their pointers to the templates.  It seems to be very irregular and unpredictable.

I have re-built the project many times, and tried MANY different  arrangement, after going over the manual again and again.

As before, mif2go seems to keep remembering old settings, just now it's an old template.

Can you address this?  If I send the project to you at support at omsys.com (since the behavior is different now), will you respond?

Paul

From: "Jeremy H. Griffith" <jeremy at omsys.com>