Slightly OT: Tri-XML 2006 Conference

Bernard Aschwanden bernard at publishingsmarter.com
Tue Jun 13 07:42:53 PDT 2006

Hi all:

As FrameMaker continues to grow in the structure world and DITA/XML are jumping into the picture more and more I'm wondering who from the list is going to the Tri-XML conference this year? I'll be there and am doing a couple of sessions including one on tools in which I show FrameMaker, XMetaL and other software working with DITA compliant.

The great thing about the conference is that ALL VENDOR SESSIONS ARE DECLINED. That means there are no presentations in which someone says "and buy our software/hardware/product/service/solution/package/thing". Instead there is far more technical content. Hopefully the organizers of this can do the same things with other conferences.

There will be a vendor area where people can talk to whoever is selling stuff, so if you attend, do go and talk to the vendors as well.

More info on the conference is at http://www.trixml.org/confindex.shtml

There's also stuff like ATOM, RSS, Blogging and more, but the XML/Frame and DITA stuff will be represented.

If you are attending, can you drop me a note (offline) just so that I have an idea of how many people from the Frame and DITA lists will be there? Maybe we can have a group table at a lunch or something similar.

Thanks all,

Bernard

Bernard Aschwanden
Publishing Technologies Expert