Adobe Certified FrameMaker Trainer

David Creamer ideaslists at ideastraining.com
Wed Jun 14 08:56:13 PDT 2006

> Two questions,
>
> 1. How do you become an Adobe Certified FrameMaker Trainer?
>
> 2. For those of you who are, has it helped you when seeking a job as a
> Tech Writer?

Are you talking about an Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) or an actual trainer?

If ACE, you need to take an computer-based test.
<http://www.adobe.com/support/certification/ace.html>

To be an Adobe-authorized trainer, you need to pass other requirements.
<http://www.adobe.com/support/certification/aci.html>

I don't think being a trainer will necessarily be a help for a writing job,
but the ACE can--if the interviewer has even heard of ACE. However, some
people might be impressed enough just by the fact you are "officially"
certified. Also, as an ACE, you can train for an Adobe-certified company.

David Creamer
I.D.E.A.S. - Results-Oriented Training
http://www.IDEAStraining.com
Adobe Certified (since 1995) for ALL Print and Web
    Publishing-related software
Authorized Quark Provider (since 1988)
Markzware, Enfocus, FileMaker Certified
Apple Certified Consultant (since 1990)