Need semicolon-delimited list from FM table column

rebecca officer rebecca.officer at alliedtelesyn.co.nz
Wed Jun 14 18:51:22 PDT 2006

There are probably more automated ways to do this, but this works:

1. select your column and copy it into a blank FM document to give you a 1-column table
2. convert the table to paragraphs
3. select your text, search for the paragraph mark (\p), and replace them all with a semicolon.

Cheers, Rebecca

>>> FIONA HANINGTON <fionahanington at shaw.ca> 15/06/06 10:58:49 >>>
Hi

I have a table in FM, one column of which contains Bug IDs (this is a release notes document). I need to be able to get the list of Bugs IDs in a semicolon-delimited list (plain text) that I can feed into our bug-tracking tool.

Can anyone tell me the best way to do this? (Preferably a way that doesn't require me to manually insert semicolons :-)

Please copy me directly on your reply:
fionahanington at shaw dot ca

Thanks in advance!
Fiona