student/tutor page layout

Dave Reynolds dave.reynolds at tait.co.nz
Sun Jun 18 16:18:23 PDT 2006

Hi Folks

One of our trainers has asked me to help with a layout question for a
new training manual.  His question is as follows:

**************
The training department are going to produce facilitator's guides to
accompany the course material we produce.  These are going to list the
extra info the tutor must know in order to run the course (eg key points
to cover, equipment for practical exercises etc etc etc).  The idea
being anyone who reads the facilitator's guide should be able to run
teach the course.

The format we would like to use is to have the students notes appearing
on the left page of the facilitator's guide and the right hand page
being used to list all the extra info the tutor needs to know.  That way
the tutor can see what the students notes say but have another page of
extra info.

Is there an easy way to set up a template so we can import the students
notes (already written in frame) so that each page (left and right) from
the students notes will appear as the left page in the facilitators guide?
**************
The only way I can think of is to add Disconnected Pages and then
manually connect text frames on alternate pages, so that all left pages
are in one flow, and all right pages are in another flow.  I assume you
could also keep page 1 in its own flow as a title page.

Is there any other way of doing this in Frame?  We are using Frame 6 on
Windows 2000.

Thanks

Dave

--

Dave Reynolds                         Phone: (64) (3) 358 1029
Senior Technical Author               Fax: (64) (3) 359 4632
Tait Electronics Ltd                  Email: dave.reynolds at tait.co.nz
PO Box 1645
Christchurch
New Zealand

addressee.  It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be
lost by reason of this transmission.
other act on the email.