student/tutor page layout

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Mon Jun 19 08:34:54 PDT 2006

Dual-flow documents can be difficult to maintain. I wrote a plugin a few
years ago (boringly named DualFlows) for laying out dual-flow documents like
Student/Teacher guides. Even with the plugin, users had difficulty with
pagination, etc., so I pulled it off the market.

Rick

Dave,

I wonder if this might be the one situation where a "B" flow would be
useful.

Since the student's book is already in FrameMaker, and since their
content would probably change more often than the trainer's, this
solution would require two books. Once the content for student's book is
updated and approved, you would select all, copy, and paste into the B
flow of the trainer's book. The trainer's guide template would be set up
with the B flow on the left pages and A flow on the right.

Just a thought.

Glenn