Using Acrobat's Online Review Feature

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 21 08:49:18 PDT 2006

Yes, it does work. I use it all the time. But there are a few non-obvious
gotchas:

1) You must explicitly enable the commenting from Reader feature on
a file-by-file basis. In the full Adobe Acrobat tool, look in the Comments
menu for "Enable for Commenting and Analysis in Adobe Reader". When
you invoke this command, Acrobat presents a Save As dialog where you
can choose to overwrite the original (non-commentable) PDF by using
the same file name or to make a new, commentable version by using a
different name or different directory.

2) The readers/reviewers *must* be using Adobe Reader v7.0.  Older
versions of Reader do *not* support commenting.

My opinions only; I don;t speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder
Intel
Parsippany, NJ