table sort order

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Thu Jun 22 15:05:15 PDT 2006

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 14:00:09 +1200, "rebecca officer"
<rebecca.officer at alliedtelesyn.co.nz> wrote:

>I'm sorting a table and want to end up with the following order:
>5
>5E
>6
>
>Instead, it gives me:
>5
>6
>5E
>
>Can I change that?

Yes.  The quick fix is to put a fixed space after the single
digits, with Esc space n (three sequential keystrokes), for
example.  Then the digits will sort as desired.  It appears
that although the proper ASCII sort *would* give the result
you want, Frame sorts shorter strings first, and ignores any
regular spaces after the text, but the fixed spaces work.

I did test this, and it worked in FM 7.1b023.

HTH!