LCD quality

Mike Wickham mewickham at compuserve.com
Fri Jun 23 06:41:47 PDT 2006

> I installed MS's Cleartype application to get optimized font smoothing for
> this type of display, and installed the monitor's color profile. The
> problem
> is that the WYSIWYG display in frame looks LOUSY!

I know that ClearType is supposed to be best for LCDs, but I've got a Dell
2405FPW, and I think it looks better with the Standard font-smoothing
setting, rather than ClearType. FrameMaker looks pretty good either way.
It's only when I completely uncheck the box for setting font smoothing that
text looks choppy.

Mike Wickham
Pleco Press, Inc.
"Aquarium books endorsed by fish!"