Glossary tools

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Mon Jun 26 06:02:32 PDT 2006

Hi Joe,

If you have FrameScript 4.0R2 and MSXML 4, you can easily extract a single
element from an XML file. You could also avoid the XML step entirely with
FrameScript.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267
www.frameexpert.com

I am using Frame.

I discovered a neat feature of FM 7.1 that helps a lot.

You can save a .FM file as XML, *even if it's unstructured*. It will use
your paragraph and character tag names as elements, so if you're looking
for all strings that you've marked with the character tag "Term", you
just need to search for <Term>blah</Term>.

Very handy!

I have to caution you that since it's XML, it is *not* line-oriented.
You can't use a typical search and replace tool (like "sed") that is
line-oriented. Fortunately, I know how to handle this.

Joe

Joe Malin
Technical Writer
(408)625-1623
jmalin at tuvox.com
www.tuvox.com
The views expressed in this document are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of TuVox, Inc.