Removing x-refs before generating PDFs

Ridder, Fred fred.ridder at intel.com
Mon Jun 26 07:05:35 PDT 2006

Does the visible result of the external cross-references (the word or
sentence) change frequently so that it needs to be updated whenever
you publish your book?  If the text is relatively static (so that it does
not need to be automatically updated), I'd suggest implementing these
links as explicit hypertext links rather than cross-references. This way,
you would be able to conditionalize the hypertext markers so that they
can be disabled in your PDF without affecting the text.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Intel
Parsippany, NJ