Pagemaker to FrameMaker conversion

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Mon Jun 26 14:37:00 PDT 2006

Currently, one of my clients uses a translation vendor (English to Spanish)
who authors in PageMaker. They've asked me what it would entail to convert
the PageMaker book to FrameMaker and change to a translation vendor who can
work in Framemaker.

The book in question is 550 pages and is updated twice a year. I have never
been involved in any localization project, so I'm pretty naive in this
area. I have two main questions for Frame folks:

1. Has anyone successfully converted from PageMaker to FrameMaker and, if
so, what were the gotchas?
2. Can anyone recommend a translation vendor who could manage this conversion?

Thanks, as always, for your help.

Carol
Carol J. Elkins---A Written Word LLC
Making Information Understandable