Question about the hyperlink from the LOF to the figure

Janice Cadel jcadel at hns.com
Tue Jun 27 08:51:09 PDT 2006

I have a question about the nature of the hyperlink from the LOF to the
figure.  Our figures are actually an anchored frame embedded within a
single-cell table.  We place the marker for the figure at the end of the
paragraph tag. For example, I may have a body tag that has a 3-sentence
paragraph introducing the figure, and I insert the marker for the figure
at the end of my text of that tag.  I then use the figure title as the
xref for the LOF.  The figure title follows the figure. If I use the
CTRL-ALT-Select option from the entry in the LOF, it goes to the beginning
of the paragraph tag containing the marker for the figure.  My question is
why doesn't it go to the figure title?

Janice

Janice Cadel
Principal Technical Writer/Editor