Help with converting a Visio file into a PDF

Ridder, Fred fred.ridder at intel.com
Fri Jun 30 09:51:53 PDT 2006

Well, Visio 2003 does not provide PDF (or EPS) as options in the
Save As dialog, so your procedure is clearly out of date.  It seems
that when Microsoft took over Visio they decided to finally remove
the chronically broken EPS export filter that Visio users had
suffered with for so long, and Save As PDF apparently went the
same route (if it ever existed in Visio to begin with) since neither
file format is a Microsoft invention.

You can certainly *print* Visio to PDF if you have Acrobat, but
at that point you're probably better off importing the PDF into
FrameMaker rather than converting it to EPS because you'll
get a better on-screen display. Converting PDF to EPS before
importing used to be a requirement in older versions of FrameMaker
(5.5.6, IIRC) which didn't import PDF correctly. But for current
versions, importing PDF is no problem and that approach has
the potential advantage of being able to contain multiple pages
in one PDF as opposed to one file per image for EPS.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Intel
Parsippany, NJ