Converting many directories using Mif2Go

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Thu Mar 2 11:22:14 PST 2006

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 08:56:43 -0800 (PST), John Posada <jposada01 at yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I'm trying to convert 15 books to Word using MIF2GO. A recent feature
>added to M2G is the ability to place a path in the INI to variable
>changes so that instead of making changes in each INI, the path
>brings them in to the default ini.

Yes, we use that ourselves constantly.  You can chain these
references too...  ;-)

>I've been unable to find how to implement this in the help. Can
>someone point me to the topics or give me the steps that implement
>this?

It's in the Automation chapter, in par. 27.2, "Importing settings
from configuration templates".  Basically, you make an .ini
file that has the settings you want your config template, give
it a new name, and reference it in:

  [FDK]
  ; ConfigTemplate = path to configuration template file
  ConfigTemplate=D:/path/to/MyTemplate.ini

Any settings in your mif2htm.ini (or mif2rtf.ini) will override
the settings in your config template, so you will want to strip
your local .ini down to the minimum you need in it.  Par. 27.2.1
gives the details on which settings to use where.