Converting many directories using Mif2Go

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Thu Mar 2 11:48:46 PST 2006

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 11:41:44 -0800 (PST), John Posada
<jposada01 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Thanks, Jeremy. Question...does the ini "snip" require any header
>text

No.

>or the bracketed heading of the section

Yes.  It follows exactly the same rules as any other .ini.

>or can I just include a single line and that will get referenced.

No.  How would it know which section was intended?  ;-)
Many settings are valid in more than one, for different
purposes.

>For example, for the settings:
>
>;DCL .ini file created Thu Mar 02 10:01:51 2006
>; for C:\Documents and Settings\John Posada\My
>Documents\Documentation\RTM.book
>
>and
>
>[GraphFiles]
>gif=bmp
>
>can I just use gif=bmp

No.

>or must I include the [GraphFiles] part also

Yes.

>do I need to include the header portion with the ;

No.  Comments are never necessary, and in fact it's
better to omit them when possible for improved speed.