DITA possible for start-up/lone writer?

Joe Malin jmalin at tuvox.com
Thu Mar 2 12:58:24 PST 2006

Hi!

I am looking for experiences and advice about using DITA from tech
writers who are familiar with real success stories.

I'm the only tech writer here at TuVox, a 70-person startup. I am
seriously considering using DITA as the basis of a single-source
structured documentation environment. The reasons I want single-source
and structure are

*	re-use, to avoid duplication
*	multi-channel delivery: ability to re-structure help systems
into documents
*	localization/customization: ability to tailor documentation to
individual customers
*	quick, iterative delivery: respond quickly to emerging needs