Bleeding Headers/Footers

Lester C. Smalley lsmalley at infocon.com
Fri Mar 3 04:49:30 PST 2006

On Thursday, March 02, 2006 06:33 PM, Cutler, Sonia S T wrote:

| Could anyone kindly tell me how you can get a coloured header
| (by coloured I am referring to background colour) to bleed
| into the top of the page (effectively extending the colour
| beyond the header text frame)?
|
| Many thanks
|
| Sonia

If this is to affect all the pages that use the same master page design,
you would add a colored rectangle to the master page.  Draw a rectangle
and apply the appropriate color and fill, send it to the back to be
behind the header text Frame, and position is as desired, for example,
so that it extends upward off the page.

If this is to affect only specific body pages, you will have to create a
new master page for those, and then do the procedure as above.  you can
not ad the rectangle to the body pages directly, as objects here are
always drawn in front of content from the master pages, including the
header/footer text frames.

- Lester
Lester C. Smalley              Email: lsmalley AT infocon DOT com
Information Consultants, Inc.  Phone: 302-239-2942 FAX: 302-239-1712
Yorklyn, DE  19736               Web: www.infocon.com