many into one

Ridder, Fred fred.ridder at intel.com
Sat Mar 4 07:56:17 PST 2006

If the component files will only be used within this new
chapter, you could have saved a step by choosing the
Copy Into Document rather than the Import By Reference
option in the File Import dialog. This saves you the step
of converting the text insets to text after importing because
it imports the file in that form to begin with.

But if the component files will continue to be used
independently as well as in this composite chapter, you
may be better off keeping them as insets so that changes
only need to be made in one place.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Intel
Parsippany, NJ