Index Professional Tool

Andrew Becraft andrewb at singlestep.com
Mon Mar 6 10:27:23 PST 2006

Hi Sindu,

I'd just like to add my voice to the chorus of people recommending
IXgen. IXgen automates so many repetitive indexing tasks that I
literally cannot imagine creating an index in a FrameMaker book without
IXgen. I actually included the cost of IXgen as part of the FrameMaker
package when I proposed a switch from our previous tool here at my
current company.

Human review and manipulation of the index IXgen creates is absolutely
necessary, of course, but IXgen includes many features that make these
tasks much more efficient. In addition to generating index markers
based on paragraph formats, character formats, keywords, and other
elements, you can use IXgen to generate variations ("permutations") of
each entry, split concatenated entries, and so on.

I'm not familiar with Index Professional, but I highly recommend IXgen.

Andrew Becraft
Senior Technical Writer
Singlestep Technologies

P: 206.838.7982