Save as PDF in Frame 7.2

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 01:08:30 PST 2006

Hello Framers,

I have the following situation: Frame 7.0 installed on my system
(Windows XP), together with Acrobat 6. Frame 7.1 and 7.2 were added
later.

In Frame 7.0, Save as PDF (using the Adobe PDF printer driver
instance) works fine. When I try this in Frame 7.1 or 7.2, I get the
known message saying "To execute the Save as PDF command, you must
have Acrobat Distiller version 5.05 or higher installed".

Any ideas how I can make "Save as PDF" work in Frame 7.1 and 7.2 as
well? I remember e-mails from Dov Isaacs (and I hope he's reading this
and willing to replay) in which he advised us against "reinstalitis"
;-) and where he also advised us NOT to install the Acrobat Distiller
instance from the Frame CD-ROM.

Print to Adobe PDF is not an option, because this goes A LOT slower
(and I don't know why).

Thanks in advance.

--
Yves Barbion