Line width in inported graphics slightly diminishing in FMgenerated PDFs

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Wed Mar 8 13:45:59 PST 2006

The TEXT issue is indeed different. FrameMaker does not generate
its own PostScript for text. It goes through Windows GDI where
the coordinate system is based on device resolution, not "points."
As such, rounding errors can and will occur, not in FrameMaker
and not in the PostScript driver, but in Windows GDI. Note that
you will see the same thing. Nothing will resolve this for
FrameMaker unless it generated its own PostScript or PDF directly!