Line width in imported graphics slightly diminishing in FMgenerated PDFs

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Thu Mar 9 12:37:07 PST 2006

FrameMaker does not officially or fully support import
of Adobe Illustrator files directly into FrameMaker
documents.

It only "works" when Illustrator files are saved with
the "create PDF compatible file" option. In that case,
FrameMaker "sees" the .AI file as a .PDF file and
CONVERTS the PDF portion to .EPS internally. That is
probably where the "problem" is occurring. If you created
a .AI file without that PDF option, the import would fail
as it would if you tried importing a .AI file from
earlier versions of Illustrator that had formats that
didn't look like a PDF file internally.

I MOST STRONGLY RECOMMEND AGAINST ATTEMPTS TO IMPORT
.AI FILES DIRECTLY INTO FRAMEMAKER. Use .EPS and tell
your customer that this is the recommendation from
Adobe.

	- Dov