OT: Unbelievable On-Line Help Stupidity

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Fri Mar 10 10:21:24 PST 2006

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 08:55:57 -0800 (PST), Daniel Emory
<danemory7224 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>“Click Start, click Shut Down, and then in the
>drop-down list click Shut Down”
>
>The only part of that instruction which is correct is
>“Click Start.”

It's correct for my Win 2000 Pro system... I wonder
if it is correct for XP machines that were "upgraded"
from Win2K?  There are other differences between XP
machines that were formerly 2K, and ones that were XP
from the start, notably the name of the system dir,
"winnt" on 2K and "windows" on native XP.

Sure makes writing installation procedures fun.  No
matter *what* you do, some users will think you're
a fool.  :-(