how to insert product logo in master pages

John Sgammato jsgammato at IMPRIVATA.com
Mon Mar 13 05:02:42 PST 2006

There is one very good reason to reference your logo. If it ever changes, you want to change it once and have that change appear everywhere. This happened to me two years ago. Marketing will probably not change their minds based on an objection from the tech writers!
It also happens in a single-sourcing scenario if you have to rebrand a doc set for a partner with a different logo.
And another time this comes up is if you have a different logo for online use (color) than for print use (b/w). When I generate my outputs, I use the color logo for online help and online docs (PDF), and the b/w version for the printed docs. Our logo is red, so a crisp black logo looks much better than a grayscale version of the red one.
ymmv, etc