Chinese-language FM documents

geoffrey.marnell at myob.com geoffrey.marnell at myob.com
Mon Mar 13 16:02:38 PST 2006

Hi Framers,

I need to edit a book of Chinese-language files (with the help of a Chinese
speaker who doesn't know FM). I can read the files in FM 7 running under an
English-language version of XP. I can even do some minor editing. But I
can't do much with dialogs. I believe that FM 7 can run on a
Chinese-language Windows OS with all the functionality it has when running
on an English OS. Can someone confirm that that is the case?

If FM 7 can run on, say, Chinese-language Windows XP, how does one enter
Chinese characters? The online manuals that come with FM 7 say that you
need to use a "front-end processor (FEP), which is also known as an Input
Method Editor (IME)".  What sort of beast is that? And how do you find one?

Finally, are there any pitfalls the novice needs to be aware of? (In
particular, I need to enter index markers and generate a TOC and index, as
well as some minor text edits.)

Thanks

Geoffrey Marnell