Losing colors during PDF conversion

Doug Mckinney dpublish at adelphia.net
Tue Mar 14 07:36:05 PST 2006

Framers

I am working with FM 7.2 in Windows XP

I am experiencing a problem creating PDF documents from FrameMaker. I create
illustrations in CorelDraw 10 and export them to EPS files. I import the EPS
files (by reference) into FrameMaker. When I convert the FrameMaker book to
PDF, the EPS files retain their color but colored text using process cmyk
colors defined in FrameMaker lose their color and become grayscale.

How can I get the FrameMaker-defined colors to retain their color through
the PDF conversion process?

FYI: I am using the AdobePSgenericPostScriptPrinter driver to create
postscript files and Adobe Distiller 6.0 to convert to PDF.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Doug Mckinney
Technical Writer
dpublish at adelphia.net