Anyone used Tortoise CVS with Frame Files

Mark Barratt markb at textmatters.com
Wed Mar 15 08:14:52 PST 2006

Donald.M.Rinderknecht wrote:

> Also, instead of using binary files, would it be possible to use MIF or,
> if in a completely structured environment, XML in the CVS to keep track
> of differences down to the 'element' level?

Have used Tortoise SVN for a couple of years for Frame XML saves:
brilliant. My tech colleagues tell me that SVN (Subversion) is hugely
better than CVS and that CVS is dying fast as a result.

They also tell me that Subversion doesn't have the same storage penalty
as CVS with binary files and does binary diffs (though personally I
can't see the point of that).

--
Mark Barratt
Text Matters

Information design: we help explain things using
language | design | systems | process improvement
phone +44 (0)118 986 8313  email markb at textmatters.com
web http://www.textmatters.com