Creating indexes of Chinese-language documents

geoffrey.marnell at myob.com geoffrey.marnell at myob.com
Wed Mar 15 20:53:55 PST 2006

Hi Framers,

First, many thanks to those respondents who recently helped me configure FM
for Chinese-text editing.

Another Chinese question: the FM online manual states that "a new keyword,
<$pinyin> is added to the SortOrderIX paragraph on the IX reference page".
This doesn't make it obvious whether FM puts this keyword in automatically
or whether you, the user, has to put it in. When I don't put it in, the
sorting looks wrong. When I put it in, FM 7.2 crashes.

Has anyone had a similar problem and is willing to share a workaround for
it?

Cheers

Geoffrey Marnell