Japanese fonts again

GILLIOTTE Valérie vgilliotte at mega.com
Thu Mar 16 08:08:34 PST 2006

Hello,
I have another problem with Japanese and Framemaker 7.1. I work on a machine with Japanese fonts set by default.
In the paragraph configuration dialog box, we specified the fonts used (ie MS Mincho) , Mincho being indicated in Kanji characters (as the Machine has Japanese characters set by default I believe that it would recognize the name of the fonts in Japanese characters - at least that's what we noticed).
We've been able to open the documents properly until recently when for some reason we now have the "fonts unavailable" message box when opening the Frame file. The reason seems to be that the system looks for the name of the fonts in Katakana charcacters and not in Kanji characters as specified in the configuration dialox box. In the Format / Fonts menu, MS Mincho in Katakana characters is selected but greyed.
I don't understand why. MS Mincho in Kanji characters should be checked and not greyed.
If anyone dealing with Japanese documents has an idea, please help. That's highly disturbing and that would prevent us to deal with our books and html help generation properly.
Thanks in advance.
Valerie

The content of this email and any attachments are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error please return it to our postmaster immediately and delete it from your system.
WARNING: Although MEGA has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, MEGA cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.