Help with PDF problem and 11x17 page size

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 10:56:29 PST 2006

OK, Carla, one two-part idea.

This is, admittedly, a kludge, but you may want to play with the idea....

The first part is when you .pdf the job, to specify that each file
prints as a discrete file rather than one large one.

Then print the letter size book. Then print a second copy of the book
to 11x17 page sizes (you can set the page size in the PDF settings).
So you'd end up with two books, one in each size.

Then I'd do the same thing you're doing now, swap the larger "figure"
files in AND also swap in the generated LOF from the large book, which
should contain all the links.

If you have to deliver the .pdf as a single file, you can use Acrobat
to cocatenate the files after they're all working.

Don't know if it'll work, but....

Art

On 3/17/06, Carla Drye <cdrye at sktdayton.com> wrote:
> I'm new so please be kind. I work in Frame 7.1b023 with no plug-ins.
>

> I have a book file that incorporates multiple 8-1/2 x 11 page size files,
> multiple 11 x 17 page size files with cross references within files and from
> file to file, stand alone TOCs, LOFs, and LOTs that are generated and then
> copied and pasted into the front of the files. The book is then PDF'd with
> create hyperlinks turned on.
>

> The PDF works great and all the cross references for the TOC, LOF, LOT, from
> Frame work in the PDF.
>

> The problem is that the 11 x 17 pages (which are figures) end up on 8-1/2 x
> 11 pages in the book PDF. What I have been doing is going into each of the
> 11 x 17 files (9 total), and saving each as a stand-alone 11 x 17 PDF. Then
> I exchange each new 11 x 17 PDF for the old 8-1/2 x 11 page in the book PDF
> file. This works for getting the correct page size, but the link from the
> LOF (which is not on the 11 x 17 page) does not work.
>

> Does anyone have a suggestion on how to make the links work to the 11 x 17
> pages?
>

> Thanks

> Carla J.H. Drye, Associate Writer
>
> cdrye at sktdayton.com