Disappearing Chinese Text

Gross, Karen GrossK at hurco.com
Mon Mar 20 13:13:52 PST 2006

Dear Framers,

I've been using Windows XP, FM7p114 and Acrobat 7.0 with no patches for over a year. I provide PDFs of English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Chinese manuals on a CD for our customers.

Up until last week, everything seemed to be working fine. Last Friday I discovered that when someone views the Chinese documents on the CD using Adobe Reader the files only contain graphics and Chinese text in the Bookmarks. The pages are blank. These files were tested on other computers in the past, and the text was there. I can view them on my PC.

Can anyone tell me why this would happen? I haven't changed my process. I print to the Distiller and embed the fonts.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Best regards,
Karen J. Gross
Senior Technical Writer
Hurco Companies, Inc.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information or otherwise be protected by law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.