PDF to FrameMaker?

Lester C. Smalley lsmalley at infocon.com
Mon Mar 20 14:28:16 PST 2006

On Monday, March 20, 2006 05:12 PM, pxenson at comcast.net wrote:

| Hi -
|
| FrameMaker 7, Windows 2000 Professional.
|
| Does anyone know of a way to "convert" a PDF to FrameMaker?
| I'm not talking about placing the PDF as a graphic image but
| actually converting it to live text and graphics. The only
| thing I can think of is cut-and-paste text and save out the graphics.
|
| Thanks in advance.
|
| Pat

Pat -

There are a couple of ways, depending on the nature of tools you have
available or want to pay for.

The full Acrobat Professional (not the Acrobat Reader) can save the PDF
to multiple format (like Word .doc or rtf, or just as text), which can
be imported into FrameMaker.  Tables or unusual page layouts in the
source file are often a problem, however.

BCL Technologies makes a couple of programs that do a much better job
extracting info from PDF files to RTF, or to HTML that can be
reprocessed by Word for import to FrameMaker.  Cost is between US $ 99
and 129.

DISCLAIMER: INFOCON is a reseller for BCL Technologies.

- Lester
Lester C. Smalley              Email: lsmalley AT infocon DOT com
Information Consultants, Inc.  Phone: 302-239-2942 FAX: 302-239-1712
Yorklyn, DE  19736               Web: www.infocon.com