Info About XSL Processor in Frame 7.2?

Alan Houser arh at groupwellesley.com
Tue Mar 21 07:39:11 PST 2006

To the best of my knowledge, FrameMaker's XSL processor is Xalan-C
(http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/). It looks like "replace" is a Saxon
extension function.

I usually do something like the following to get the result you want
without using extension functions:
<xsl:variable name="basename" select="substring-before($graphic_name,'.')"/>
<xsl:variable name="target" select="concat($basename, '.tif')"/>

Unfortunately, this approach fails if the pathname/filename contains
more than one "dot" character. I believe a recursive algorithm is
necessary if you want to identify the right-most occurrence of a
particular character.

-Alan

--
Alan Houser, President