Weird, sudden problem distilling postscript files

Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com
Tue Mar 21 14:43:30 PST 2006

Framemaker 7.1p116, Windows XP (with all patches), Adobe distiller 7.0.7,
Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0.7

I have been using this setup to successfully create post-script files from
Framemaker source files and then distilling the postscript files into pdfs
for quite a while now. When I create postscript files, I use watched
folders, the Adobe PDF printer, and my job options are standard with the
first page to open at the Default Zoom level, page size 8.5 x 11. All of a
sudden, any and every PDF I create this way is beyond hosed.  Each PDF
opens at some gi-normous magnification (like 2000%) and the graphics are
completely non-readable. If I set the magnification in Adobe Acrobat to
125%, then I get a string of really tiny pages.  So . . .. I had two
colleagues take the same source files and create a PS file and then
distill it into a PDF using Acrobat distiller/Acrobat Professional 6.0 and
their PDFs are fine -

and if I use their postscript files on my system, I have no problems
creating a PDF - so obviously something has gone violently and suddenly
wrong with my Framemaker installation/Adobe PDF printer, right but what,
and how?

I am stumped.

Thanks,

TVB