Table translation behavior using structured framemaker

Noah Evans noah.evans at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 20:55:44 PST 2006

Hey,

I'm still very new to framemaker so please bear with me.

I've written a dtd and a set of rules files to try to convert a basic table
from xml(sorry for the Japanese characters):
    <tgroup>
        <thead>
            <row>
            </row>
        </thead>
        <tbody>
            <row>
            </row>
            <row>
            </row>
        </tbody>
    </tgroup>

which uses the following dtd:
<!ELEMENT table (title?,tgroup+)>
<!ELEMENT tgroup (thead?,tbody)>
<!ELEMENT thead (row+)>
<!ELEMENT tbody (row+)>
<!ELEMENT row (entry+)>

<!ELEMENT entry (#PCDATA)>

When I try to convert this to structured framemaker I get stuck with each of
the <entry>ies all crammed together in one column. Everything is being
identified correctly in the edd with the right element types etc...(I would
post the edd but this is on Japanese framemaker).

I'm sure I'm missing something very simple regarding how structured
framemaker does table translation. Any advice on what I'm missing?

Noah Evans

Nara Japan