Find in Frame

Bill Briggs web at nbnet.nb.ca
Tue Mar 28 09:42:42 PST 2006

At 11:31 AM -0600 3/28/06, Doug wrote:
>I need to format all mentions of function keys (F1, F2...F11, F12)
>with bold and enclose them in less than/greater than signs, such as
><F1>.  I also need to do this for the <Enter> key, and any other key
>on a keyboard.
>
>Is there a way to have Frame search for any instance of the capital
>letter F that is located next to a number?  Using a simple wildcard
>finds instances where F is next to a letter, such as FUBAR, so I need
>something more than a simple wildcard.

 I'm not sure if Frame supports all of regular expressions, but it does at least this much. If you look for "F[1-9]" (minus the quote marks) you'll find what you want. This is the same string you'd feed grep to find it.

In the worst case, if you can't find what you're looking for in a Frame binary with Frame's find, you can save to MIF and use any text processor or the command line to grep the file for any kind of string you want. MIF can complicate it a bit, but it's doable.

- web