converting text to html

Ridder, Fred fred.ridder at intel.com
Wed Mar 29 14:23:43 PST 2006

HomeSite is a very nice HTML editor, but the resemblance to
DreamWeaver is basically non-existent. HomeSite was originally
written by a newspaper copy editor in his spare time, and was
subsequently sold to a small software company that was bought
by a bigger software company (Allaire) who sold off part of their
product line to a company more involved in the web development
market (Macromedia), who were then bought by a bigger company
(Adobe). HomeSite was a well-developed product before it ever
came under the same umbrella as DreamWeaver.

If the question had been how to convert FrameMaker files to HTML,
Mif2go would clearly have been the right answer because it
understands the FrameMaker document and book paradigm.
If you're starting with plain text that you just need to tag, HomeSite
is an excellent choice. But it is hardly "a scaled-down version of
DreamWeaver".

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Intel
Parsippany, NJ