Funny

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Thu Mar 30 22:20:39 PST 2006

Au contraire ... The IF THEN ELSE and DO WHILE structures
did exist at that timeframe in a language called COBOL
(COmmon Business Oriented Language). As an undergrad at MIT
and an MBA student at Cornell, writing applications in COBOL
and System/360 Assembler language more than paid for my tuition
and my photography habit.

Ironically, I don't know anything that can be done in any
of today's "modern" programming languages that couldn't be
done in either Assembler or COBOL or some combination of
same a hell of a lot more efficiently! Most of today's
software done with such "modern" programming languages is
relatively buggy, slow, and bloated compared to what we did
back then.