A3 Page Questions

John Bevan syntactics at ozemail.com.au
Fri Mar 31 02:57:42 PST 2006

Framers,

Thanks to Lyn Price, Richard Combs and Oran Petersen for providing help with recent questions, but I
have an additional one regarding page sizes. See below for the original thread.

I have worked out for myself that the description changes to ‘Custom’ because I also swapped the
height and width values of the A3 Tabloid page.

As to the second part of my question, is it possible or not to have an A3-sized file in a mult-file
book where the remainder are sized A4?

What I would like is to be able to just switch a file between A4 and A3 at will, as I needed
graphics that required the larger page-size. This does not appear to be possible without getting the
‘Resulting columns would be too narrow’ message.

Any advice on how to get around this would be helpful, as at present the only option that I know
works is to change *all* the files to A3 size just prior to printing the book, but I then have to
remember not to save them in that size so I can reuse them for A4 books in the future.

Regards,

John Bevan