Lines in Frame become twisted in PDF

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Tue May 2 12:44:59 PDT 2006

Doug,

You wrote:

>I use the Rounded Rectangle tool to draw callouts around fields on
>screen images, which are inserted via reference in the Frame doc.
>When I PDF a document with these callouts, the lines of the rounded
>rectangles appear twisted.  ...

This has to do with a new setting in Acrobat Distiller: "Convert smooth
lines to curves" option (Advanced tab, turned on by default in the
"Standard" and "Smallest file size" options) -- see
http://www.microtype.com/Acrobat.html

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com
Training, consulting & add-ons: FrameMaker, Structured FM and Acrobat