Tool for XML -> Online Help

Angela Akridge angela.akridge at gmail.com
Tue May 2 16:46:31 PDT 2006

Hi,

I've never worked with setting up an Online Help system. I know how to write
in raw html/sgml, but that's about the extent of my experience with Online
Help. I'm familiar with single-source authoring (using Epic) to create
customized documentation, but have NO experience designing a help system  I
currently edit existing context-sensitive online help. I don't use an Online
Help application (JavaHelp or RoboHelp). I simply have some hooks in the
code that call some html files (nothing sophisticated).

I'd like to use the content that I produce in manuals to produce online help
topics. If this means that the Online Help can no longer be context
sensitive without a lot of infrastrucuture, then so be it (although a hybird
would be ideal). My company is okay with dumping the manual into a clean
collection of individual procedures (modules) if the design provides a
search box. What tool will take my Frame xml output and generate a pretty
look-and-feel for online help? I like MS Word's Online Help.

Thank yoiu,

--
Angela Akridge
angela.akridge at gmail.com