Tip of the day: getting FrameMaker 7.2 to paginate correctly

Harro de Jong hdjong at triview.nl
Thu May 4 06:30:41 PDT 2006

The one change I dislike (read: "that drove me insane") in FM 7.2 is the
way it handles PgUp/PgDown keypresses. In previous versions, using these
would take you to the next/prev page; in FM 7.2, you're taken to the
next/prev screen instead.

To change this, I added two lines to my customui.cfg:

<Modify GotoNextPage <KeySequence /PgDn>>

<Modify GotoPreviousPage <KeySequence /PgUp>>

(I also removed the two lines with the default definitions for /PgDn and
/PgUp from wincmds.cfg, but in retrospect that probably wasn't
necessary: customui.cfg overrides any commands in wincmds.cfg)

This level of customizability is why I love Frame...

Harro de Jong