Index woes in WebWorks ePublisher from FM 7.2

John Sgammato jsgammato at IMPRIVATA.com
Mon May 8 14:09:54 PDT 2006

I appreciate any guidance on this frustrating puzzle -
I am generating WW Help 5 from a 258pp, 21-chapter software manual done
in FrameMaker 7.2. I use pretty mundane indexing, with some help from
IXgen. There are some multiple entries in a single marker, a few
<$nopage> entries, but nothing truly cutting edge.
The FrameMaker manual index is fine, and the PDF versions are fine, but
the WW5 help:
A) ignores a number of normal index entries
B) has at least one instance of an index entry with three subentries
completely reproduced adjacent to the original (see below)
EXAMPLE
Index EntryA    15, 25, 119
Index EntryB    253
Index EntryC
   Subentry1    75
   Subentry2    113, 176
   Subentry3    12
Index EntryC
   Subentry1    75
   Subentry2    113, 176
   Subentry3    12
Index EntryD    135, 215

See how IndexEntryC is duplicated? Other entries with subentries are
fine.

I have not seen more than the one instance of this strange reproduction
issue, but I am not finished with the index yet, so there may be more.

My ship date is next Monday, so I am getting anxious. I appreciate any
insight!

John Sgammato
Principal Technical Writer
Imprivata, Inc