A question about sideheads...

Lester C. Smalley lsmalley at infocon.com
Tue May 9 06:29:32 PDT 2006

As Harro already noted, it is the scope of pages affected that is the
primary difference.

One further point is that as you add new pages that are based on the
side-head master page, or apply the master page design to existing body
pages, they are automatically properly set up for side heads.  And if
you set this in a template file, new documents will have the desired
page design as well.

On Tuesday, May 09, 2006 07:53 AM, Andy Kelsall wrote:

| Looking at the two methods shown below for creating a sidehead, can
| someone explain the difference between the two?
|
| From a body page:
|
|    1. Select Format | Page Layout | Column Layout and check "Room  for
|    Sideheads."
|
| From the master page:
|
|    1. Select the text frame.
|    2. Right-click the text frame and select Object Properties.
|    3. Place a checkmark in "Room for Side Heads."
|
| From what I can tell, it works perfect using the first approach. If
| using the second approach, FM tells you to use Format | Page | Layout
| | Column | Layout anyway to turn on "room for side heads", so what's
| the point of setting this up on the master page?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Andy

- Lester
Lester C. Smalley              Email: lsmalley AT infocon DOT com
Information Consultants, Inc.  Phone: 302-239-2942 FAX: 302-239-1712
Yorklyn, DE  19736               Web: www.infocon.com