Release Date for FrameMaker 8?

Nandini Garud nandini at resonate.com
Wed May 10 13:36:07 PDT 2006

In a lecture at Silicon Valley STC API SIG, the technical honcho at Adobe
fielded questions on where FrameMaker was going. A few points:
* Enhancement of structured features for single sourcing, reuse of content,
and access to content across enterprise
* More support for XML and XSLT formats
* Creation of Help from XML/XSLT

The $200 upgrade works from not only 7.1, but also from 6.0. Therefore, for
enhanced book features and multiple undos and redos, it's worth every buck.
I upgraded to 7.2 and am quite happy about it.