Index woes -SOLVED

John Sgammato jsgammato at IMPRIVATA.com
Wed May 10 16:03:00 PDT 2006

Well, I figured it out.
I am indeed using the most recent version of ePublisher, and I am using
the index generated by the normal online help generation procedure.

One was something stupid I should have thought of,
The other was a little odd and maybe cautionary.

The missing links were links that had been conditional text, made
visible, but never un-conditioned. I should have remembered that I had
conditioned part of my own book!

The double-entry issue was weird.
I had a heading "VASCO Integration" with two subentries.
I had another heading "VASCO integration" (small "i") with one subentry.
ePublisher duplicated the first main entry, and then combined all three
subentries under each copy of the main entry.

When I renamed integration to Integration and regenerated, I ended up
with one main entry and three subentries, as I wanted.

Thanks for the ideas!
john