"Pop-ups" in PDFs

Anne Robotti arobotti at journalregister.com
Thu May 11 08:28:26 PDT 2006

I can't be crazy, I know there's a way to do this.

I'm writing docs for inexperienced end users. One of the new things is
that they have to enter times now in military time rather than clock
time. There's some concern that they might need assistance with this.

The first time I mention military time, I have a hyperlink. I want the
link to open a new window, a 4.25" x 4.25" file I created with a little
table of clock time and military time. It works fine if I set both Frame
files to View Only.

I can't get it to translate to the PDF. It opens the file, but not as a
new window and not with the window the size of the file. I've adjusted
the page size in Frame and Acrobat, I've played with the Acrobat file
properties, I can't seem to get this done.

Frame 7.2, Acrobat 6.

Thanks.

Anne Robotti
Technical Writer
Journal Register Company
W-Ph:(609) 396-2200 x 166
C-Ph:(609) 902-3676
arobotti at journalregister.com

The information contained in or attached to this e-mail contains confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this e-mail is PROHIBITED. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail immediately. Thank you.