TOC Error

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Fri May 12 06:54:49 PDT 2006

There's probably an error associated with the file that requires a
user to manually
click a button --- missing fonts, unresolved cross-refs, etc.
Basically something in
the file or files are broken. You can't generate the book because the
program doesn't
acknowledge the message.

You can trouble-shoot it by opening the files manually, paying attention to
the error messages, and fixing the problem or by opening all the
files, ignoring
the errors and updating at that point. You shouldn't have errors after
they're open.

Art

On 5/12/06, Suman L Malik <sl_malik at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
>   I am trying to generate the TOC from the book having various chapters. It gives an error "Framemaker did not update the generated files because of errors such as: Couldn't open Preface.fm".
>
>   Please let me know how to troubleshoot it.
>
>   Regards,
>   Suman

                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358